I became vegetarian in 2006 after saving the life of a small lizard (long story), and Karim followed shortly afterward, for both ethical and health reasons. It wasn’t long before I found myself volunteering for animal welfare organisations, and protesting against some of the inhumane practices that are going on in our own backyard.

The more I learned about conventional farming practices, the happier I was to be a vegetarian, but the more depressed I became in general. Watching a series of documentaries on the Mayan Calendar was a turning point, as I realised that everything is a part of our evolution of consciousness, and I needed to learn how to “allow” – as long as I was leading my own life in a positive, enriching way. Following this awakening, Karim suggested that I study Permcaculture as he described it as an end-to-end positive solution to agricultural, social and financial systems. I began reading Bill Mollison’s books immediately, and in June 2008 I attended an Introduction to Permaculture Course run by Milkwood. In September 2008 I completed the Permaculture Design Certificate with Bill Mollison (co-founder of Permaculture, featured in the centre of the photo below), Geoff Lawton and Greg Knibbs at Trinity College in Melbourne, along with approximately 60 other incredible people from 16 different countries around the globe. How right Karim was, good-bye depression, hello positive solutions!

Karim followed soon after, and in January 2009 completed his Permaculture Design Certifiate with Geoff Lawton at the Permaculture Research Institute of Australia.




The more I learned about conventional farming practices, the happier I was to be a vegetarian, but the more depressed I became in general. Watching a series of documentaries on the Mayan Calendar was a turning point, as I realised that everything is a part of our evolution of consciousness, and I needed to learn how to “allow” – as long as I was leading my own life in a positive, enriching way. Following this awakening, Karim suggested that I study Permcaculture as he described it as an end-to-end positive solution to agricultural, social and financial systems. I began reading Bill Mollison’s books immediately, and in June 2008 I attended an Introduction to Permaculture Course run by Milkwood. In September 2008 I completed the Permaculture Design Certificate with Bill Mollison (co-founder of Permaculture, featured in the centre of the photo below), Geoff Lawton and Greg Knibbs at Trinity College in Melbourne, along with approximately 60 other incredible people from 16 different countries around the globe. How right Karim was, good-bye depression, hello positive solutions!

Karim followed soon after, and in January 2009 completed his Permaculture Design Certifiate with Geoff Lawton at the Permaculture Research Institute of Australia.



