You might be wondering how the name “Caught in the Art” came about. We’ve always been interested in art, and in 2006 I had 12 months off work, during which I spent my time painting and share trading. I was amazed to find that Caught in the Art wasn’t already registered as a business name, and secured it immediately. For those who know us well, the name is quite fitting. I investigated setting up a stall at the Balmain Art Market with two other artist friends, Carly and Bree. Here we are contemplating our spot along the church fence.

Before long we were enjoying spending every Saturday there displaying and selling our art.


Though the artwork has been put on hold for a few years, we find that Caught in the Art is still a suitable name for our property in Tassie, because it will be not only covered in sculpture by the time we’ve finished, but we will definitely be caught in the art of permaculture and sustainability while we develop our dream.

Before long we were enjoying spending every Saturday there displaying and selling our art.
Though the artwork has been put on hold for a few years, we find that Caught in the Art is still a suitable name for our property in Tassie, because it will be not only covered in sculpture by the time we’ve finished, but we will definitely be caught in the art of permaculture and sustainability while we develop our dream.